WE ARE OPEN, Accepting students, and ready to safely fly with you!
Leading Edge Advantage
Leading Edge Flight Academy specializes in training helicopter pilots, airplane pilots, and launching aviation careers. Located in Bend, Oregon with 300+ days of sunshine for consistent, four-season flying, Leading Edge’s start-to-finish support and above industry standard training prepares you to meet your aviation goals. Our management team of pilots – with over 37,000 cumulative hours and 100+ years in the industry – knows what it takes to prepare you for a career in aviation.
Quick Facts about Leading Edge:
- 15+ year history, privately owned, financially strong
- Over 200 students and 40 instructors airplane + helicopter
- Fully integrated operations – Maintenance, Line Service, PSI Testing Center, Frasca C172 and R44 Simulators
- Real-world aviation operations with Part 135 helicopter aerial firefighting, utility work, charters and tours
- Two-year Aviation Degree Program at COCC with Financial Aid available
Is now a good time to start flight training?
Yes! According to 2020 Boeing Pilot Outlook published October 2020, “Aspiring aviators who begin their training today will be well positioned to take advantage of new job opportunities as the industry recovers.” The world has changed a lot recently. However, the freedom of flight will never change. If your dream is to fly, make the pilot’s seat your new normal and see where aviation can take you!
Looking to fly yourself for business, pleasure, or adventure?
Check out our Apex program for concierge flight training and experience the Aviation Lifestyle. Also a Cirrus Training Center! Our separate Apex flight training division caters to individuals wanting to learn to fly non-professionally. We have helped multiple executives and discerning individuals learn to fly, purchase a Cirrus aircraft, and realize the amazing time-saving efficiencies of being able to fly yourself in your own airplane. Safety Pilot Services also available.